DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run routine testing such as Bitterness units, color, VDKs, Alcohols, end gravities, haze, pHs, etc.
- Ensure general cleanliness of lab and instrumentation; perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment and troubleshoot analytical issues.
- Maintain QC analytical database; includes, but is not limited to data entry, record keeping, trending, data analysis and follow-up with brewing and cellaring teams.
- Help organize, run, record and analyze results for 1 to 2 Sensory Panels per day, a minimum of 4 days per week including:
- Run panel testing for true to type and release tastings on all packaged products
- Complete threshold testing
- Complete age profiles to test flavor stability and shelf life
- Complete descriptive panels for beer flavor attributes and threshold testing
- Complete preference and difference tests
- Complete raw material tasting, including CO2, Brew water and de-aerated water
- Complete bright beer and fermenter release testing
- Maintain the warm and cold beer libraries in an organized, chronological fashion ensuring that it contains samples from all bottle, can and keg products for a designated time period
- Prepare media, sterile water, sterile saline and reagents. Use of aseptic techniques to membrane filter, spread plate, and prep samples for PCR. Clean and autoclave micro equipment
- Complete package testing for CO2, TPO, DO, AE, alcohol, density, pH, bottle fill heights, crimp checks, secure seal testing, seam checks on cans, and keg testing and sample collection
- Confirm package integrity checks including date code checks, glue checks, proper materials are used etc.
- Product development:
- Work with Brewmaster to develop new products by maintaining and organizing raw material library
- Work safely and maintain a clean & safe working environment at all times; understand hazards and utilize the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)