Packaging Maintenance Technician Second ShiftBoulevard
Packaging Maintenance Technician Second Shift
Full Time • Boulevard
Duvel Moortgat USA is internationally recognized as a leader in the high-end beer segment. The Duvel Moortgat family includes Duvel USA, Boulevard Brewing Company, and Brewery Ommegang. Our beers and cocktails are built by our people, who are bound together by a devotion to our products and customers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401k Retirement Plan with 10% match.
The primary function of the Packaging Maintenance Technician is the performance of daily production equipment maintenance. This position reports to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager and is responsible for providing skilled technical labor in the performance of maintenance and repair activities throughout the production line as well as the brewing campus directed by department supervision. This role will be responsible for the second shift.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Directly perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of brewery high speed packaging systems. Assist in new equipment installations and start-ups and training as required. Assist with developing standard operating procedures and process improvement of packaging equipment processes.
As a part of the Engineering Department, this position will be required to support the entire brewery as technical needs arise, which may include stepping out of personal comfort zones and researching issues with which they are not previously familiar. Performance on these types of assignments will be measured by the dedication and commitment displayed by the individual in completing the assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
• Minimum 2 years of maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment troubleshooting, repairing and adjusting high end equipment to achieve production targets
• Ability to properly document use of required parts, spare parts inventory and inform parts acquisition for ordering
• Understand and adhere to LOTO, Confined Space, and all other plant safety/GMP requirements related to supporting machinery uptime.
• Detailed understanding of gear boxes, coupling, cams, conveyors, lubrication, chains/sprockets, belts/pulleys, bearings, hot cold/glue applications, thermocouples, heating elements, drive line components and machine guarding
• Working knowledge of motor starters, proximity switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters, amp probes, visual inspection.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, and mechanical drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
• Capable of operating applicable hand tools and shop equipment
• Conduct “hot work” permit work as necessary to include grinding and/or welding as required.
• Ability to work at heights and qualify for fall protection use
• Work in confined spaces as required and adhere to regulations and policies covering confined space. (Mechanics working in confined space are required to learn Basic First Aid and CPR.)
• Basic Computer skills required
• 5 years of maintenance experience in a high-speed food-packaging manufacturing environment.
• A technical diploma or BS/AS degree in Industrial Maintenance/Engineering/Engineering Technology field.
• Electrical troubleshooting preferred…ie; motor starters, proximity switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters, amp probes.
• PLC program troubleshooting
• Fabrication and welding
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.