Duvel Moortgat is internationally recognized as a leader in the high-end beer segment. The Duvel Moortgat family includes Duvel USA, Boulevard Brewing Company, and Brewery Ommegang. Our beers and cocktails are built by our people, who are bound together by a devotion to our products and customers. We offer a competitive salary, employee bonus, medical/dental, 401k, and other wonderful employee perks and benefits!
Duvel Moortgat USA is seeking a knowledgeable Accounting Manager to join our finance organization. The Accounting Manager will support Duvel USA, the organization that markets and sells our beers and beverages, as well as our brewery production facilities and organizations: Boulevard Brewing Company in Kansas City, MO and Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY.
Supporting the Financial Controller and working cross-functionally across finance, the Accounting Manager oversees AP, AR, and Banking functions. In addition to these duties, the role will own various accruals, deferrals, balance sheet reconciliations, CIP and fixed assets entries, and non-beer billings. This role also supports the Financial Controller with the external audits and serves as a leader within the finance team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Actively participates in the monthly close process, ensuring accurate, complete and timely financial reporting
· Oversees AP and AR processes, ensuring timely payments to vendors and receipts of cash from customers
· Supervises the Accounting Clerk in his or her daily work
· Prepares various entries for the month-end close (eg property taxes, cash sweeps, income deferrals, allocations, and more)
· Manages the CIP accounts and places assets into service as necessary
· Accurately prepares balance sheet reconciliations and provides proper support
· Assists in the preparation of workbooks for the external audit
· Prepares treasury and cash flow forecasting
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 5 or more years of hands-on corporate accounting or finance experience (supporting a production environment or within CPG a big plus)
· Demonstrated experience ensuring accurate and timely processing of AP and AR
· Experience with electronic payment systems
· Experience with intercompany accounting preferred, but not required
· Advanced Excel skills (vlookups, nested if-statements, pivot tables, etc)
· Experience with a large-scale ERP system (MS Dynamics a plus)